1. Airport to Khinalig village
2. Khinalig village to 2. base camp
3. Peak day - Back to Khinalig village
4. Back to Baku and airport
1. Day - Arrival in Baku - Driving to Khinalig village (4 hours from Baku) (2200 m.) - Acclimatization - Having rest in the local house From Baku's Bustle to Khinalig's Serenity From the first step onto Baku's terra firma, the air is charged with a sense of adventure. The city, a unique blend of modernity and history, is merely the prologue. The journey toward Khinalig village, a 4-hour scenic drive, unfolds nature's vast canvas, with the landscape transforming from urban sprawl to mountainous grandeur. Nestled at 2200 meters, Khinalig, one of the world’s highest and ancient mountain villages, offers more than just visual splendor; it’s a portal to the country's rich tapestry of culture. This day prioritizes acclimatization, crucial for the trekking challenges ahead. Amidst the village’s rustic charm, one can rest, rejuvenate, and gear up for the forthcoming adventure.
2. Day. - From Khinalig to Shahyaylag (2800 m.) - From Shahyaylag to 2. Base camp of Bazarduzu (12 km – 4 hours) (3200) - Camping and resting The Ascent to Bazarduzu's Base The morning in Khinalig starts with a brisk freshness, a teaser for the day's trek. The journey from Khinalig to Shahyaylag, elevated at 2800 meters, sets the tone. The path, lined with the occasional bloom and under the watchful eyes of soaring birds, is both challenging and fulfilling. Shahyaylag, however, is just a waypoint. The true challenge is the trek to Bazarduzu's 2nd Base Camp. Covering 12 km in about 4 hours, this trail, sitting at a dizzying 3200 meters, promises a sense of accomplishment. The day culminates in camping under a canopy of stars, where the silence is occasionally interrupted by nature's whispers.
3. Day. - Climbing the summit (5-6 hours) - Back to Shahyaylag - Lunch in Khinalig village - Back to Guba city. - Overnight at the Shahdagh Hotel Guba or similar Conquering Bazarduzu and Retreating to Comfort The day begins early, with Bazarduzu's summit beckoning. The climb, expected to last 5-6 hours, is as much a physical challenge as it is a mental one. Yet, with every upward step, nature unfurls its beauty, urging one forward. The summit is the reward - a vantage point where the world below seems both minute and infinite. But the descent is equally crucial. The path back to Shahyaylag, followed by a sumptuous lunch in Khinalig, reinvigorates tired souls. The day's final leg is the return to Guba city, where luxury awaits. The Shahdagh Hotel (or a similar establishment) becomes the night's sanctuary, offering comforts to soothe tired muscles and lull trekkers into a deep sleep.
4. Day. - Back to Baku Relishing Reflections on the Road Back to Baku As dawn paints Guba in its golden hue, a sense of bittersweet nostalgia sets in. The road back to Baku, interspersed with memories of the trek, is a journey of reflection. Every winding road and fleeting landscape serves as a reminder of nature's grandeur and the human spirit's resilience. Upon reaching Baku, the contrast is palpable. The city’s bustling streets and towering structures stand in stark contrast to the mountain’s serene vastness. Yet, each has its own charm. And as the day fades, there’s a realization - adventures like these aren’t just about the destination but the journey and the myriad emotions they evoke. This narrative captures the essence of the four-day Bazarduzu Trekking Tour, intertwining nature's beauty with the adventurer's spirit. Safe trekking!
- 1. and 3. Homestay in Khinalig village. Rooms shared by genders. In a room can stay 3-10 people. There is only 1 bathroom in the homestay. Squad toilet. Breakfast included.
- Professional, certificated mountain guides
- Meals in Khinalig village are included.
- TransportsBook This Trip
ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.
Homestay and camping
Welcome to the epitome of trekking adventures - the 9-Day Shahdag Trekking Trip. This immersive journey takes you deep into the heart of Azerbaijan's Shahdag National Park, a realm of untamed beauty, soaring peaks, and rich biodiversity. From the challenging ascents to the serene valleys, each day unfolds a new chapter in this exploration of nature's grandeur and cultural tapestry.
We will discover marvelous villages of Caucasus in deep.
The village of Griz has located 30km from the centre of the Guba region and is at an altitude of 2016m above sea level. Griz village is on the slopes of the main Caucasian Range.
Surrounded by scenic mountains, Muju village (Mücü) is in the piedmont of Mount Fit (Fit dağı) at 7 km from historic Basgal town (Basqal). Muju was once settled by Mountain Jews and a Jewish cemetery in the village is a testimony to its Jewish heritage.
. Khalit Waterfall is located 2km from the village of Galadarasi. The route starts from the village of Kechmadin and goes to Bugurd Castle, Galadarasi village and Khalit Waterfall by a queue.